Saturday, August 1, 2009

It has been a really long time since I have updated you all. And boy has there been some things going on.
Jesse got laid off from his job two weeks ago. We are trying really hard to trust that God is in the midst of something good for us, and we are hoping it's more photography work. I can't say that not knowing how we are going to pay our bills is easy, but it is easier knowing that we have a loving and graceful God on our side.
Jesse has been doing some odd end jobs and we booked a wedding, so that is really helping. We also have some other things in progress that we are very hopeful will bring in some money. But through all of this I really feel I am grasping to God more than I have in a long time, and I am so grateful for being in this position to realize how lacking I was of Him in my life. I pray daily for strength to stay positive and to have patience.

Some news on my brother...he is currently not making wise decisions and my fear that he will be going back to jail again soon is almost certain. I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but he has to learn from his actions. He thinks it's all worth it for "the cause". I think he needs a huge kick in the rear. If you know anything about my brother, you know he makes the worst decisions and I have no idea where they come from. Sometimes I wish I can get in his head and see how his brain works, and bring my tools to tighten all those loose screws. I love him to pieces though and I am glad that I got to see him yesterday.

In some happy news. Jude is doing great! Molars are coming in left and right, and he is saying some words. He now says "Hi", "Hot", "Mama", "Dada" and sometimes it sounds like he says "oh shoot", and "Dog". If he can get a phone in his little hands he will walk around the house with it to his ear saying "Hi" over and over again, and then come and put the phone to my ear. Jesse also taught him to dunk his pacifier in my coffee, so when I am trying to enjoy my morning coffee I have Jude all over me dropping his pacifier in my cup. Jude truly reminds Jesse of the joys of life and how great we really do have it.

Anyway, I am getting my haircut tomorrow...so excited!

No comments: