Thursday, July 2, 2009

Last night I couldn't sleep. I have been sleeping pretty awful for a few months now, well I guess pretty much since Jude was born...but waking up every two hours for feedings for the first couple months doesn't really count.
I don't know what it was about last night but I just felt weird about going to sleep. I finally laid down and tried and couldn't stop just thinking about all the things going on. I feel we have been in a never ending state of turmoil. I almost feel like things are never going to be settled for us, we will always be kept on pins and needles. It's not necessarily a bad thing, I just need to come to peace with it. Our path is never sure.
So I started thinking about my brother. Him and I have had a rough relationship in the past years. He has been through A LOT. I worry about him and feel the same never ending turmoil, but his seems different. His life isn't filled with love. I honestly sometimes feel that every time I see him could be the last. Right now his future doesn't look like what he deserves. At 2am I sent him a text: I love you. He immediately wrote me back: I love you too! I just felt like this is something he doesn't hear often. He wrote me again asking if I was ok and what was I doing up so late. I just told him I couldn't sleep and was thinking about him. He said he thinks about us all the time and really misses us. I just started crying.
I forget the power the Lord has over our lives, and that he will use us to change the lives of others. My brother needs a change and the only way he can get it is through God. Being the only believer in my whole family...this leaves it to me. I am scared, I have doubts.

1 comment:

Leanne Barker said...

Thats awesome Shannon! That must have meant so much to your brother. Its so cool that God put you in this time and place and in your family for a purpose isn't it? God is faithful and true and he loves you very much.