Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Simple things

"Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are."

That song is sometimes the only thing that will soothe my son. Well, along with a pacifier, my boosum, and some gentle taping on his back. Although he is usually fussy from gas when we have to do this, it is one of my favorite times with him. He starts to calm down from crying, tears running down his cheeks, and he just stares at me. We stare at each other and sometimes I start to cry at how amazing just looking into his eyes can be. There are stories in those eyes that he is waiting to tell me. 

I had a dream last night that we were learning together. I was telling him about the planets and airplanes, and he was taking my photograph. He was 14 in my dream and we were best friends. I asked him this morning if we were going to be best friends forever and he smiled at me. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is the sweetest thing i have ever read. I love how much you cherish these moments.