Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I have been so busy lately it feels I have no time to just sit and think about nothing. There have been so many projects and most of them I am severely procrastinating on.
As many of you know we had our Moore Photo Booth launch party last week (another thing to check off the list of things to do) and it was a lot of fun. I felt like I was in a whirl wind, but people were having a good time so I was having a good time. We have it booked so far for one wedding next year, and we are in the works of another. Next year is already looking more promising than this one was.
Jesse is still out of work (we don't really refer to 5 hours a week as a job) and we are just turning in applications and hoping for the best. This month is the hardest of them all money wise. Our bank account is empty and we have two car payments and rent due. Yikes! Weddings please!!?!! I don't really want to just complain about these things at you, but nothing else is really going on except praying we can make it another day.
Some other things I had on my plate included an Etsy purchase of two ring bearer pillows, two boutonnieres, a guest book and a pomander for the flower girl. I finally got it all done and will be shipping it out today or tomorrow. The wedding is in three weeks in Georgia, it was fun to get this job and really test my crafting skills..which includes lots of hot glue gun. I packaged everything up already without taking pictures of everything. But I have some photos to share.

The color scheme and samples...
The ring bearer pillow...
I also put on (with a lot of help from Michelle, Steph and Lacey) a baby shower for my dear friend Melanie. She is due next month with a little girl...so exciting! The shower was fun and intimate. I made the invites and decorations and I also made her a stuffed owl. I am going to make more owls as soon as things calm down. I still have an album to design and some other photos to work on.

Here are some photos from Mel's shower...














This is the owl I made her...






2 comments:

Leanne Barker said...

I love the stuffed owl, its really really cute!

amy said...

Shannon,
If Jesse wants, you should tell him to call James and talk to him about Direct TV. They are almost always hiring, the pay is really good, and Jesse would be awesome at it. Let us know. Love you guys!