Friday, August 21, 2009

I got a phone call from my dad last week, he sold his house in Texas and was getting on his way to Fiji soon. But he is making a detour to California first...for a month. If you guys know anything about my dad and the relationship I have with him, you know that this makes me nervous. I have seen my dad once in the past 6 years and 4 of those years we didn't talk. So...as it stands we have a really awkward relationship. He got mad at me when I told him I was pregnant and has yet to meet Jude. He even came to California around Christmas and found it more important to hang out with his ex-wife (from before my mom) than me and his only Grandson. Pretty sad!, but nothing that isn't expectant of my dad. So we will see if he actually calls me, and if he does, if I see him more than once. It's his loss really, Jude is one awesome kid he really should get to know. Afterall, I don't see my brother settling down, getting married and having some kids anytime soon. My dad and brother have a better relationship, they have more in common....marijuana. And since I brought up my brother I must let you know, he isn't in jail. He has a court date in about a month, and he thinks it's going to be a long one and he wont ever really end up going to jail or prison. We will see, my brother doesn't have the best judgement.
Well, to end this blog post...Jesse's birthday is on the 25th, wish him a Happy 27th Birthday!!!!

2 comments:

amy said...

Shannon, we love you guys and are always here for you if you ever need anything, but I think you know that. And you know, I wish I could see Jude every day... And, of course, I know it's Jesse's birthday in two days because mine was three days ago...and just like always, I'm older than he is, what a young'un he is. Love you guys!!!

Shannon Moore said...

Thank you Amy. And Happy Birthday!