Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Swim Class

Jude and I started swim class on Monday, as I am sure you have heard by now with all my Tweets (did I really just type that? I am so hip) and Facebook messages. We are having a blast and he is doing so well. I really suggest doing this with your kids as soon as you can, especially at such a young age. Our 16 year old instructor, Kelsey, was telling me about how when she was training to lead this class she had to take the class with a two year old and talked about how difficult it was to get him to not be afraid of the water. Jesse was on the swim team in High School and grew up in the ocean, I am not that strong of a swimmer and I am terrified of the ocean, so this is also good for me to be confident having Jude in the water and being able to play games. He really likes to be thrown in the air and then splash back into the water. At the end of class yesterday Jude and I stayed in the pool a little longer than the others since he really did not want class to end. We were practicing him standing on the edge of the pool and jumping into the water, with me holding his hands of course. This is a skill we aren't actually learning until today, but another mommy and her daughter were doing it, so we had to try. I am meeting some really nice people, there is a mom of two sons and she is expecting her third in two months. She looks really good and I would have thought she was maybe 5 months preggers. I am working on feeling out if I should give her a business card and offer some maternity/family pictures. I don't want to make it uncomfortable, so I might wait another week until the end of class. I am trying to get Jesse to be able to get off work early sometime so he can take some pictures. This isn't Jude's first time in a pool, I took him at three months, and he has been in a hot tub a few times, but he's much more active with the class :)
They also have family swim, we might take him to that a few times this summer.
Not much else to report at this time, other than living arrangement issues..but that's a whole other blog post and I am really not in the mood to get into it right now. I just need some prayer to not loose my cool.

No comments: