Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Jude's first owie

Michelle got married this weekend and thank the Lord, everything went smoothly. But I did realize that it is really difficult to be a mother, photographer, friend, and coordinator at the same time. My mom was there to take care of him, but this was her first time with him alone like that. She did good though, but I think she got a little stressed at times. 
It's really weird but I feel more comfortable photographing strangers than I do friends. We did a good job, but it was distracting since Michelle is one of my best friends, and I was so excited about her gettin' hitched.
That night also brought my first mom freak out. Like I said before, my mom had been watching Jude most of the night. When she left Jesse was carrying him in the pack until he wanted me to feed him. I went inside to do so (missing Michelle and Caleb's departure), and changed his diaper after. When I removed the dirty diaper, his part that makes him a man was swollen and red at the tip. Of course at a glance it looked like he was bleeding. I grabbed Jude and ran outside to Jesse in a frantic mess and told him that we needed a doctor. We both ran back inside and Michelle's sister Amanda followed. I am very thankful that she was there. I showed her and Jesse and Amanda knew what was wrong. She too has a boy that has not been circumsized and she said it was an infection and that he would be fine as long as we went to the doctor the next day. I couldn't help but cry most of the night. I knew he would be fine, but when your child is hurt, you too are hurt. We went to the doctor and he said it wasn't infected but looks like it got pinched. We have no idea how it happened. But he is good now, after some Neosporin.
I have never been in so much fear before. 

1 comment:

annie said...

Isn't being a mom amazing? So much less about you and so much more about them. Love you, girl.